Tuesday 18 August 2015

Quadruplets Born to 65-Year-Old Woman Will Leave Hospital

GERMANY-FAMILY-UKRAINE-OFFBEAT
Doctors in Germany say quadruplets born prematurely three months ago to a 65-year-old woman are doing well and can leave a Berlin hospital soon.

Charite hospital said Tuesday that the babies all weigh more than 2.5 kilograms (88 ounces) and should be able to go home this month. The quadruplets are a girl named Neeta and three boys named Dries, Bence and Fjonn, who were delivered during the 26th week of pregnancy by cesarean section on May 19.
Mother Annegret Raunigk is believed to be the oldest woman to have ever delivered quadruplets.
The retired schoolteacher already has 13 other children aged 10 to 44 from five fathers. She traveled abroad to have donated, fertilized eggs implanted, a procedure that’s illegal in Germany.

1 comment:

  1. Why? What does a 65 year old woman with 13 children already want with 4 more babies? Why was she allowed to put her life (a much needed life as a mother of 13) and 4 babies' lives at risk? I am 65 and I know that I do not have the energy or enthusiasm I had in my 20s when I had my 3 children. I have lots for my grandchildren when they are here, but give a sigh when they go home to their young vibrant parents. It's madness. She will be 80 when they need a parent's eagle eye in teenagehood.

    ReplyDelete