Sunday 16 August 2015

Morgan Freeman pays tribute to step-granddaughter after she was stabbed to death.


Morgan Freeman has paid tribute to his step-granddaughter after her death.
The Oscar-winning actor's granddaughter, E'Dena Hines was found lying in the street by police, outside her home in New York City.
The 33-year-old - who is the granddaughter of Morgan's first wife Jeanette Adair Bradshaw - was suffering from multiple stab wounds to her torso and was taken to hospital in Harlem where she was pronounced dead.

The New York Police Department has confirmed a 30-year-old man has been taken into custody after being found at the scene.
In a statement, Freeman said:
“The world will never know her artistry in talent, and how much she had to offer.
"Her friends and family were fortunate enough to have known what she meant as a person.

"Her star will continue to shine bright in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. May she rest in peace."

Hines studied acting at New York University and taught underprivileged youth in Memphis, Tennessee.
The actress - who recently returned to New York after working in Memphis - recently blogged about her experiences on set.

"I thought I was the group cheerleader, giving them what they needed to keep going cause I was blessed with exuberant amounts of energy, but, I was more exhausted when it counted," she wrote.

"While everyone else would be relaxing on breaks, I was entertaining or so I thought. I also became aware that my voice was always heard above others which meant they all knew about me, but I didn't actually know a lot about them.
"Ahhhhh.... There is something beautiful in knowing you can find your stillness and be silent, but you can also be a ball of power," she added.

In 2012, the 78-year-old Oscar winner was forced to deny he was in a romantic relationship with E'Dena, following claims they had been seeing each other for 10 years.

Morgan said at the time: "The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications."

E'Dena also commented on the controversy, saying: "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."
Morgan was married to E'Dena's grandmother Jeanette until 1979. He later married second wife Myrna Colley-Lee in 1984, but the pair split in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment